Monday, July 28, 2008

Home Sweet Home!


It feels so good to be home after 16 days on the road, 5 states visited (!!) and seeing lots of loved ones. This was, by far, our best family vacation to date. And in this culture of flying, it feels good to have a good "old fashioned" road trip filled with fun surprises along the way. My kids were amazing.

After about a week of being away from New England I start to get a little home sick for 1. donut shops 2. water 3. Red Sox 4. our wonderful accent. It seemed fitting when we passed an IKEA in CT with a massive (wicked massive!!) billboard reading "HOME IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PLACE IN THE WORLD". I couldn't agree more!

So I got to check out some fun stores while we were away and picked up a reuseable shopping bag I'm crazy about, www.envirosax.com. It's one of those that rolls into a little ball (about the size of a wallet) and opens into a full sized shopping bag. It's perfect if you're going into the city for the day and want to consolidate bags, or if you're simply running into the pharmacy and don't want to waste a bag. I got a really cute green one and plan to use it every day! Remember, it's the small changes that tend to get us into new fabulous habits!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Back!

L said...

Welcome back - I am happy to hear that it went so well. I wanted to tell you that I painted the upstairs - hooray! It is amazing how much it transforms a room.