Monday, July 7, 2008

What I found in my grandmother's closet


We just returned from a 3 day visit to my grandmother's house in Maine. There really is nothing like the 4th of July parade in a small New England town!

One of the perks of my visit is that I help my grandmother organize her really large really OLD (and not necessarily in the good way...) house. It's a multi-family with an apartment in the middle where we sleep (but otherwise serves as a storage area for old things from the family). For years I'd had my eye on emptying out the old walk-in closet. This closet is really narrow and very long. Probably about 12 feet long. So I grabbed a box of 20 lawn and leaf bags and went to it!

Almost everything I found was dusty and 100% polyester (those were the times!), so I tossed 8 bags of clothing to the local clothing collection place. I imagine some college-aged kid loving the stuff around Halloween :)

The most "classic" thing I found? On many levels? A 16 Magazine from July of 1971 featuring none other than THE PARTRIDGE FAMILY. I almost screamed. My last name? Partridge!!

1 comment:

Christina said...

Hi Nik!!
Cool find in our Grandmother's closet!!
Love,
Chris