Saturday, March 15, 2008

Decorating End Tables

One of the questions I get a lot from clients is "how do I decorate an end table". Most of us put a lamp and maybe a framed picture, but what comes next? Here is a general formula I've noticed in most of my decorating books and magazines. Once I tell you about it, you'll notice it everywhere!

First, you have a lamp (reading if you're in a den or something softer in the bedroom). Then, the trick is usually grouping the following: lamp, framed picture, books, vase of flowers and some interesting object. By interesting object, I mean something like a cool little wooden box, statue, an interesting small bowl, etc. Go on, flip through some magazines and you'll see it!

If you have a decorating dilemma, please email me at partridgeathome@yahoo.com and I will post your question on the site and do my best to give you some ideas!

1 comment:

karingebhardt said...

Great, just what i needed for my endtable in the library, thanks love!