Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Great Kid Dessert for Parties!

This is one of my favorite "kid" desserts. I made it today for my son's last day of preschool (!!!). It was an emotional day and the sweets helped all the mothers get through it! I can't believe this chapter of our lives is over!

SAND RECIPE

2 boxes Nilla wafers, ground in food processor to look like sand
1 8 ou. cream cheese, room temp
1 stick butter, room temp
1 cup powdered sugar
3 small boxes French Vanilla instant pudding
3 1/2 cup milk
1 12 ou. Cool Whip
8 inch plastic bucket with shovel

Mix cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar. Set aside.
Mix pudding and milk. Fold in the Cool Whip and the cream cheese mixture. Mix well.

Butter the sides of the bucket. Alternate layers of pudding mixture and "sand". End with about a one inch layer of sand on the top. I topped the thing off with some chocolate seashells, which really made it special! I had my made just for the occasion from the local chocolate shop, but I believe Lindt sells them by the box.

Refrigerate and enjoy!!

1 comment:

TomBon said...

Reminds me a little of the "dirt" dessert with oreos, pudding and gummy worms. I can really see how kids would love this.