Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Spring found my new shrub!

You have to picture the scene. I walked out to the front yard Saturday morning to stake the arborvite shrub my husband and I planted (about 2 weeks ago). My plan was to wrap a strong piece of twine around the trunk before tying it to the stake. I reached into the center of the shrub with the twine and almost jumped when I saw a beautifully crafted robin's nest filled with the most beautiful Tiffany box blue eggs! Saturday there were 2 eggs and yesterday there were 3. I told my son about the nest and when we went to take a peek the mother bird was sitting on the eggs! I was so excited. I love the whole cycle of it all. I planted ornamental grass in my perennial garden last fall, they died, and this robin used parts of the dead grass to build her nest. I'm in awe by this little nest! As you can guess by the name of my business, Bird's Nest Interiors, I love nests. I have a couple faux nests in my house tucked away on bookshelves. When I first saw this one, I actually thought my husband took one of my faux nests and put it in the shrub as a joke! Happy Spring! Finally finding it's way to Southern New England!!!

No comments: