Thursday, May 15, 2008

Low Cost Organizing Ideas

Okay, I sort of feel like this post is "cheating" a little, since I'm pointing you to someone else's organizing tips :) Real Simple Magazine's June issue arrived yesterday with a terrific cover story called "Easy Organizing: 99 affordable ideas", see link below:

http://www.realsimple.com/realsimple/package/0,21861,1738886,00.html

It's a terrific quick-read listing of organizing solutions and products. Some under $2! But I must stress, and can't stress this enough, don't buy the product and THEN organize. You must organize (sort, purge, organize) first and THEN go shopping! Don't eat your dessert before dinner, my friends! It almost never works!

A lot of the things I'd seen before, but some of my favorite products were featured:

1. The Corner Dinnerware Cabinet Organizer, $9, www.organize.com

2. The Rationell Variera Rack, $3, www.ikea.com

Organize.com and the Containerstore.com are excellent sources, once you're ready for solutions.

Enjoy this month's Real Simple's tips and let me know which ones you're going to try!

1 comment:

jane said...

I read that article, and I am planning to get the binder clips that you can label and erase. I am a stacker and like piles, hopefully this will organize them!