Saturday, May 3, 2008

The Latest Yard Sale Piece

Here is a picture of last Saturday's yard sale find: a hutch with bookshelf on top that I somehow fit in my car (in 2 pieces) and painted a high gloss white. I'm crazy about this and it was $5! The guy selling it was thrilled to get it out of his garage and I was thrilled to give it a new life. I've been saying this for years, but yard sales are simply the best way to find furniture you want to experiment with. When I picked it out, I figured it would end up in my daughter's room or somewhere in my living room...but the master closet it where it landed! I love not knowing where, but knowing "Yes!!" And for $5, if it didn't work I knew it wasn't any big loss. Okay, I have to run...it's Saturday morning. Any idea where I'm off to?

No comments: